Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fiat

My original list of potential cars did not include Fiat.  That's because I was not aware they were available in the US already.  Well they are, even though dealerships are still few and far between.  Fiat is still testing the American waters, and they are only offering one model this year.  Luckily for me, it's one that meets my criteria for testing.


500
As a huge Top Gear fan, I have known about this little Italian city car for a few years.  It's immensely popular in Europe, and I can see why.  It's cute, without being ridiculous like the New Beetle.  The interior is stylish without being gaudy.  I very much wanted to fit in the Fiat.

But I don't.  Of the two dozen cars I've tried, this is the first without enough head room.  Even with the (vertically adjustable) seat all the way down, my head hit the roof liner.  The only way to fit was to lean the seat way back and sit like a gangster.  Of course, without a telescoping steering wheel, this left me unable to reach the wheel comfortably.  Everything else was OK - not great, but OK.  But the head room thing is a deal breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment